Saturday, October 3, 2015

I am dancing.

October 3, 2015, Columbia (Missouri.)

Putting your eye on the viewfinder and composing the frame, looking at your reality through the camera, focusing on what calls you, moving with the flow of what is flowing before you, finding the faces, thinking not thinking about what it means, clicking the shutter release, hearing that click sound and being in the next image before you take a new breath.
I took some pictures this week. I took some pictures with a camera, not my iPhone. I took school pictures and I took pictures of a dance rehearsal. I took some pictures and I got paid for them.
I took my kids along with me to the dance rehearsal because it was at night and there is nobody I trust to care for them and they loved to watch as the stage was being set up, the lights, the props, just like the circus they grew up in, and when the music came on Nicolas thought it was scary, and Dylan kept asking questions about how things worked, about the meaning of the dances, while I kept shooting, and it was near midnight when we went to sleep last night.
There. Profession: photographer, single mother.
I love it.
This has been a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment